Followers

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Stitched wine glasses

This is my second post of the day,  I made this card just now and wanted to post it right away! I was planning a celebrate card in my head with stitching, and I kept thinking of fireworks, we are living in Macau for quite a few years, and I relate to celebrations with fireworks, I was going to make one with fireworks, but when I sat down to execute this is what I have made. Completely different from what was in my head. I cannot believe myself, this is what I do with food also, I think of making something and I go in kitchen and I change my mind in the last minute and make something else...the good thing here is that I am not forgetful, I just change my mind in the very last minute. It was taking me forever to come up with a stitching design for firework, so made a switch!
I drew wine glasses and sparkles, and stitched those. used grey thread for the glasses, a maroon for the wine, and maroon and yellow for the sparkles, used very few colors on my card. Added a sentiment to finish off. Used foam adhesive on the front panel to give it a lift.




A close up

Behind the scenes
the drawings


after piercing the holes
Postong this to the

White on white, with a hint of color on the focal image.


I had made celebration card for the friendship theme.

Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate your kind  feedback :) Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. This is brilliant, I love ur ideas !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative and clever take on the cue word, Rahmat. And I so agree with you, having something in mind and creating something absolutely different, happens a lot with me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's so fun that you are spontaneous, Rahmat, and allow yourself to surprise yourself!! Your spontaneous self came up with a wonderful celebration design! You are very talented to be able to draw like this and your stitching is fabulous!! Thank you for joining in my NBUS Challenge! And thank you for following me back!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is such a classy and elegant card -- the stitching is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your card is brilliant, Rahmat! I'm so glad that I visited your blog to see this more closer. Your hand drawing and stitching is totally out of box! I'm speechless. Way to go!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CASology. May

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once again, your innovation and creativity are outstanding! Brilliant card! Everything you touch...magic!! So glad you listen to your muse when it sends you in 'unexpected' directions!!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, SUPER wonderful stitching!! LOVE this ALOT! You are so very talented!!!

    ReplyDelete